Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April prayer

My best days are when I meet each moment like a new face - when I am curious, open, and on my best behavior.

I have not been on my best behavior.

But our best days are also when we forget how we are, where we have been, and who we hope to be later.  We take wild chances that leave us thrilled and wide-eyed and full of wonder: We build block towers. Have a picnic. Plant the damn fig tree. We bake the boring recipe. Eat yellow cake, and like it.  We forgive ourselves for being who we are and love ourselves in the process.

Oh, Lord, that I would remember this tomorrow.

 
Happy April. Be wild.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE yellow cake....suppose that says something about me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does say something: yellow cake is worth loving!

      Delete